Saturday, March 8, 2008

Marti Meyer Surgery Update

I'm going to keep this update brief (that's a first!). Once again I had 4 or 5 real good days last weekend and early this week..but have taken a giant step backward in my recovery, with re occurrence of pretty intense pain in my leg. I'm battling discouragement, as I had a job interview scheduled that I will not be able to go on now because I can't do the job in this condition (I actually thought I was getting better...silly me!), and because this has been ongoing now for 5 months. It's been over 8 weeks since surgery, and, because I'm not recovering I'm going for an M.R.I. on the 17th and a visit to the surgeon on the 18th. MAYBE there'll be some answers.

For those of you who don't know, at 5 weeks the surgeon prescribed Neurontin and 4 weeks of Physical Therapy w/moist heat, massage and ultrasound; the theory being that it's muscles locked down on the nerve, keeping it inflamed. Obviously, that hasn't worked quite like we'd hoped.

Your prayers are coveted.

YSIC

Marti

No comments: